Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Saturated Canary Challenge #50!

Winged Things Challenge #50 ~
Cerridwen on a 6X6 Canvas!!!!


Happy Wednesday!!!

I was excited about this challenge as Krista has released some gorgeous fairy images on her Saturated Canary Digi shop!  And I recently completed a weekend workshop on textures & canvas with the very talented Anna Dabrowska aka Finnabair! I wanted to apply what I learned to this piece.

I started off with a 6X6 canvas. Applied gesso to create grit. Then added a piece which resembles a birds nest. That's the background. Next, I placed some cheesecloth. And built my layers from there. The pieces are about 1 1/2 inch to 2 inches high from the canvas! I had to use a triple pop dot to attach Cerridwen to the canvas!

Although I decided to enter the challenge because of the new fairy images, I ended up using an older image, Cerridwen, because as I colored, I realized that I wanted to use actual wings! So that prompted my image choice. Next, I took out my Tim Holtz Angel Wing die and made several cuts on glittery paper. I was excited to play with the die actually. I distressed the edges of the wings with Vintage Photo distress ink. Then layered them by using pop dots between each wing piece. It was like building a tiered cake! 😃

Here's a closer look:




And if you're wondering about the watermarks...  I've been playing with a watermark app. I can't figure out Photoshop. The time!  So I found an app where I just paste my text over the image. One day I'll use a fancy one like my fellow crafters!

Here's a last look at my piece hanging on the wall! She'll be right at home in my craftroom 😊


Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment